To empower, enable and educate women and girls in Kori Chiefdom Sierra Leone.
The Kori Development Project (UK registered charity 1158663) works to educate, empower and improve the health of women and girls in Taiama, in the KORI district of Sierra Leone.
Led by our founder, Rose Simbo, herself a midwife born in Sierra Leone and our board of trustees we raise funds and collect supplies for our various projects.
- Building, stocking and maintaining a community library.
- Funding women to till the fields and generate food and cash.
- Building and stocking a piggery for food and cash.
- Transforming a donation of soap into products to sell for cash.
- Making reusable sanitary towels so that girls no longer need to miss school.
- Raising awareness of Female Genital Mutilation and the hazards it represents for women and girls.
These are just a few examples of what we do. YOU can HELP us do more by donating to a specific project or collecting supplies. Browse this site to find out HOW. More details on donating on our CONTACT page.